Welcome bag, a must for destination weddings!
A welcome bag is a great idea to greet your family members and friends! It is a way to say thank you for travelling, for taking the time and for being here! It is a gesture of your appreciation. They travelled many hours and made aside their personal agendas to be with you. So setting a welcome bag is close to a MUST!
But what should I include in a welcome bag?
- Souvenir, if you are planning a destination wedding, make sure to include a little local present, souvenir or something it will remind them of their visit and or course your wedding. Make sure favours or gifts are suitable for travelling guests to take home with them.
- Water and snacks are always a good choice as guests usually arrive hungry and thirsty. It can be some salty snacks as peanuts, granola bars, some fresh fruit, candies and do not forget beer, sodas, water or a small bottle of wine, champagne or TEQUILA!
- A wedding itinerary so they do not miss any of the event. Include date, time and place. A little map, render or drawing can also help. You can also remind them dressing code. A great tool to keep everyone organized.
- Weather essentials – for warm weather weddings, these might be mini bottles of sunscreen, after sun or bug spray, for other climates, ponchos, hand warmers and umbrellas are a good shout.
- A pretty bag, box, basket or tote to store everything in – some couples have their own canvas tote bags printed, others source simple carrier bags and tie gift tags around the handles. It can also be very useful during the wedding time.
- Recovery kit, if you know everyone will drink more than needed on your wedding day, a recovery kit will be glorious!
- Make them personal! A little touch makes a big difference, so it’s worth adding name tags and handwritten note if you’ve got the time to do so and do not forget a thank you note.
- Lastly, but not less important, make sure you leave some room in the wedding budget for the welcome bags. We recommend assigning $25 – $35 USD per bag, per couple.
You can check these two companies for more ideas